The FWC Book Club is a unique opportunity to learn about fascinating books through the guidance of a mental health counselor. These books were selected based on their contribution to our understanding of personal and interpersonal wellness. These are small group meetings with a maximum of five members per group. Each meeting will last approximately two hours. The cost of each meeting is $50 per person. The counselor will begin each meeting by providing background information on the authors followed by discussion. Each member will have the opportunity to ask the counselor questions based on the topic.
Update: The FWC Book Club has officially wrapped for spring! It was a lot of fun meeting everyone and reading some great books together. The books reviewed included the following:
- The Explosive Child, by Dr. Ross W. Greene
- Feeling Good Together: The Secret to Making Troubled Relationships Work, by Dr. David D. Burns
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl
- The Whole-Brain Child (book and workbook), by Dr. Daniel J. Siegel and Dr. Tina Payne Bryson
- The Mindful Brain: Reflection and Attunement in the Cultivation of Well-being, by Dr. Daniel J. Siegel
The FWC Book Club meetings will resume in July 2019, and I am currently taking book suggestions. Feel free to send me a message if you have a suggestion for a great book!